Building distributed systems is notoriously hard ... building a distributed team, even more so. At Elastic — the company behind the open source tools Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — everything is distributed; the company and our products. This talk dives into the details of how Elastic is thriving on its distributed model and how we make it scale. At the moment we are more than 1,000 and we are growing by 40 to 50 colleagues a month.
Target Audience: Managers, Decision Makers
Prerequisites: An open mind for new hiring and working models
Making distributed teams work at scale:
* How Elastic started to be distributed by design.
* What our shared values are and what we have learned as we progressed and grew to our current size.
* What the day of an Elastician can look like.
* What we are using in terms of tooling.
* How we hire and onboard new colleagues.