Product development is pretty much jammed up in most organisations beyond 20 and adding more developers or teams to the company often results in slow down and chaos. Like a car that chokes when hitting the accelerator. But there are rare examples, where teams collaborate and produce a regular and scalable output of new features. This can only be achieved by radically re-organising, ensuring management collaboration and distributing responsibilities to experts. And by forgetting most of the old and dysfunctional management paradigms.
Target Audience: Management in Product Development and IT and also future Management. And everryone...
Prerequisites: Having seen real slow and dysfunctional product development and IT
We will talk about
- independent teams (CEWE pattern)
- organising architectural work (otto.de, sipgate or spotify pattern)
- sharing management responsibilities (Idealo pattern of product vdevelopment)Portfolio Kanban (by then hopefully Intersoft and NewStore pattern)
- Level 5 Managers (the from good to great book)
- implementation of Learning in mediocre organisations