Do you know how good your tests are? Mutation testing can tell you. Code coverage only tells you which lines
of code aren‘t touched by unit tests. Mutation testing is much more powerful and can reveal whether you have
missing or incorrect unit tests as well as unnecessary source code.
This workshop will:
• introduce you to what mutation testing is about,
• work through an example Java and Ruby project to see mutation testing in action
• discuss some of the experiences we gained from using mutation testing in real-life projects.
Target Audience: Developers
Prerequisites: Participants have to be fluent TDDers
You will learn:
1. Learn what mutation is all about
2. Be able to use PIT (Java) or Mutant (Ruby) in a project
3. Know how to select other mutation testing tools