Why are Soft Skills important? Sharing personal information, opening up, letting go of our defences is hard. Team building is hard when we show more of ourselves than we usually do. Growing into a team requires growth of each individual. Transformation begins with ourselves.
What are the benefits? Why can we only become a great team if we open up?
In this interactive workshop we share and elaborate in practical exercises how
- we save time
- we create more value
- we delight our clients
- we mitigate risks
when we share personal information.
Target Audience: Developers, Managers, Leaders, Change Artists
You will learn:
Experience how deeper personal knowledge about your teammates
- creates more value
- leads to higher probability to delight customers
- saves time
and which techniques we can use on our own teams to achieve that.
Based on our work with teams we discovered patterns:
- dysfunctions of teams where team members shied away from "touchy-feely" interaction
- successes of teams who went through that stage and enjoyed stronger connections afterwards
- argumentation that helped people want to invest in personal connections and get the necessary courage
- tools and techniques that help a team starting to share personal information in an environment that naturally blocks that ("corporate culture").
We want to share our experiences, help people get started on an emotional journey with their teams, and share tools that we found to be useful.